3.15.2008

TV appearances

I always feel a bit uneasy when I'm asked to do an interview on tv. On Tuesday I was contacted by a local TV station, who wanted to do a shoot with me in my studio the next day. *MY STUDIO* I thought! OMG!!

I delayed them by a day, got a haircut, vacuumed, tidied up and was ready when the crew arrived on Thursday. TV is sooo not my comfort zone, but somehow being in my own studio made it seem a little easier.

The piece aired on Friday (on Shaw TV for the local folks), and reran on the hour for a full 24 hours!! I think it was edited brilliantly, to really made a nice little story out of what I do. Apart from the fact I said "the 80's" a gazillion times. eg "I love keyboards from the '80's, this one is from the 80's etc etc *rolls eyes*.

If I can figure out how to convert it from the vcr tape to post it on here, I'll show you. (any ideas???)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be able to see it Nic! Sounds fun, but I can imagine how worried you were initially when they said they wanted to film you at home! Louise

Anonymous said...

You can use a $20 video capture card to connect a VCR to a PC. There is free software available to capture the incoming data streams.