11.08.2007

Vintage Calculator Trinket Box

I've been having way too much fun today! I gutted the inside of an old calculator from 1973, and turned it into a trinket box.

I had to look on google to find out what kind of history this calculator had, and I discovered it was one of Texas instruments 1st ever calculators!

I love how, on the instructions on the back, it tells you how to do basic math with it.

I guess back in the day, this must have seemed so high tech and fancy-smanchy.




It cost $120 back in 1973, WOW! source
For more pics of my latest creation have a look here

2 comments:

Nicola - Keyboard Queen said...

Just a note to say that this sold back in November :)

Online calculators said...

The Calculator Home Page at calculator.org is a collection of resources related to Pocket calculators, online calculators, calculator software and units conversions. You can download the free version of Calc98 now, view the product documentation online, or Pocket PC version screenshots.